Ngaga Camp- Accommodation in OdzalaDecember 20, 2017
Tips for self Driving Safari holiday in UgandaNovember 7, 2018
Packing list for Gorilla trekking in Uganda, Gorilla Safaris
As Africa is known for gorilla trekking safaris , Find the answers to where to trek the gorillas while on african safari. Many gorilla trackers are unaware about what they should come with for a gorilla tour to Uganda (Bwindi national park and Mgahinga gorilla forest national park) since gorilla tracking is done in the forest, you will find some difficulties, and sometimes the forest is muddy with a lot of stinging plants so you must pack appropriately to avoid difficulties. Going for gorilla tracking needs early preparation. Try to read on the travel guide to Uganda for more information about the things to pack for a safari to Uganda. You are advised to pack only those things that will give you a perfect experience while on your tour to Uganda. Below are some of the vital packing lists for your successful gorilla safari not only to Rwanda but also to the entire gorilla tracking destinations?
- Pack comfortable study pair of walking shoes/boots, this is very vital, they will help you during the trek. Pack comfortable shoes that will give you momentum to traverse the forest. Sometimes the forest is muddy with stinging plants so you should also not forget to wear shocks to be more comfortable while trekking to find the gorillas deep into their natural habitat.
- Don’t forget to pack ear plugs more especially if you are not comfortable with the sounds of the forest. The forest is a home to very many forest dwellers so you may not feel comfortable, the ear plugs will make you concentrate and have a memorable experience.
- Jacket/sweater this must be included on the packing list and it is more important if you bring water proof jacket. African weather is unpredictable and Bwindi is a tropical rain forest it can rain at anytime even during the dry season month it still rain for 1-2 hours once or twice a week so you are advised not to forget a jacket, it should be noted its most of the time cold in the morning and during the evening.
- Insect repellent is a must pack for gorilla tracking not only in Bwindi impenetrable national park but in all the gorilla parks. Since tracking is done in the thick forest and some of the lodges are built within the forest, there is no way you can avoid from insect bites, so to avoid mosquito bites which can cause you malaria an insect repellents are very vital, and remember no one is allowed to visit the gorilla when sick, gorillas can easily get affected from human diseases.
- Carry Sunscreen, lotion as well a hat in order to have a successful gorilla tracking experience in Uganda. Sunscreen will prevent you from the small insects that may fall into your eyes while in the forest, lotion also prevent insect bites while in the forest on a gorilla trek, smear all your body before you hit the forest. Also wearing a hat is the only way you can protect from the boiling sun of Africa and it simply makes you a smart traveler. .
- During your gorilla trek, don’t forget to pack bottled water and packed lunch. Some gorilla families are not easy to allocate and since gorilla tracking is unpredictable the trek may go from half to full day, so go when well prepared.
- Gloves, these are mostly garden gloves, they are vital and a must pack for gorilla trips, remember in the forest there are a lot of stinging plants and nettles, so to avoid touching on thorns on some plants and leaves and some poisonous plants, gloves will help you a lot, they will protect you from germ and any other item that may be dangerous to your body, hence a must pack for gorilla tracking tours.
- Don’t forget to pack a photo of film-camera and battery; you may fail to get the battery that matches your camera while in Kampala.
- Carry long sleeved shirts or blouses this will prevent you from insect bites and thorns